Minted Fresh Fruit Salad with Honey and Lime
This week’s Recipe Thursday entry serves 12 to 15 people. It is a tried and true recipe from my longtime friend and chef Laurie Bakke from her days at her resturant Cafe Laurie in Hendersonville, North Carolina. It is one of the featured salads in her cookbook. If you are interested in more flavorful recipes, visit Laurie Bakke’s recipes at http://lauriebakkeskitchen.com/ and visit her store, Sage Gourmet in Hendersonville, North Carolina http://sagegourmethendersonville.com/ The cookbook can be purchased online and is a wonderful keepsake and great gift for all occasions!
• 1 Large Cantaloupe Melon – peeled, seeded, cut into 1 inch cubes
• 1 Large Honeydew Melon – peeled, seeded, cut into 1 inch cubes
• 1 Golden Pineapple – peeled, seeded, cut into 1 inch cubes
• 1/2 lb. Red Grapes – stems removed and cut in half
• 3 Oranges – peeled, pith removed and cut into segments
• 3 Kiwi – peeled and quartered
• 1 Pint Blueberries
• 1/2 Pint Blackberries
• 2 T. Honey
• 1 1/2 Tbsp. Lime Juice – freshly squeezed
• Sprinkle of Sugar
• 2/3 Cup Fresh Mint Leaves – gently cut into thin strips
•Mix all ingredients together except for fresh mint. Add the mint right before serving. Refrigerate before serving and cut the fruit only a few hours before serving.
•Watermelon, peaches and nectarines can be added or substituted.
•Strawberries and bananas can be added at the very last minute. They have the tendency to bleed, water and brown.
•It is very important when making a fresh fruit salad, to choose fruit that is ripe and seasonal. The fruit should be at its peak.
•Serves 12 to 15
W4399 South Lakeshore Drive
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sheldon Landscape is a landscape contractor who provides landscape design, landscape installation, and landscape services for clients in Lake Geneva, WI, and surrounding communities including Delavan Lake, Fontana, and Williams Bay, WI.
Copyright © Sheldon Landscape, Inc.